My Diamond in the Rough


Well, jewelry hounds, she's here! Roxanne (Roxy) Parker Rataj was born on February 10th to the delight of her mom and pops. She came out 8 pounds 20 inches but has eaten her way to 9 pounds 6 oz and 23 inches in two weeks' time(!)

I think I have an over-achiever on my hands...

Wanted to share a few pics with you all so you can see what's been occupying my time since diamonds and divas have taken a back seat this month. Ain't she swell?

While my daughter's birth was perfectly timed for numerologists and folks who care about such things (2/10/2010 has a nice ring to it, right?), I did miss covering New York Fashion Week and was shocked to hear of Alexander McQueen's untimely passing. The fashion world will never find a replacement for his apocalyptic, whimsical, down-the-rabbit-hole stylings - - truly tragic.

But on to sunnier skies. Namely? Oscar! The party scene has been rolling non-stop leading up to the big night on March 7th, so I'm sure there will be lots of ground to cover next week. Stay tuned - and thanks for all of your good wishes and support during my brief sojourn. In the meantime, Roxy and I are busy prepping for red carpet gawking from our feeding spot on the couch.

xoxox
Laura
You have read this article Fashion Week jewelry trends / Jewelry Insider / Oscar jewelry with the title My Diamond in the Rough. You can bookmark this page URL http://meandmadison.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-diamond-in-rough.html. Thanks!

No comment for "My Diamond in the Rough"

Post a Comment