Will the Oscars be a Snorefest?


It's what we jewelry hounds wait for all year - the Oscar red carpet coverage on E!

I love every minute of it - from Guiliana Rancic's inappropriate use of 'honey' with A-listers, dames and sirs alike (Helen Mirren? Run don't walk) to Seacrest's cleavage-staring interviews. I will miss the wild card Kathy Griffin coverage - but I suppose I can wait for the Joan Rivers roundup this year to give me a good guffaw.

But I've gotta tell you, I'm a little worried at the potential for a serious snorefest this year. Avatars are replacing Angelina. There's no Brad/Jen red carpet bump-in to anticipate. And while Mo'Nique and Anna Kendrick are certainly worthy nominees - they just don't generate the excitement of, say, an Anne Hathaway or a Kate Hudson on the red carpet.

Penelope Cruz and Sandra Bullock are both stunners, but we've so 'been there done that' all year with them, I've got to admit - I'm feeling a little bored with both.

So who is left that's going to bust out with the bling this year? What ingenues are going to give us a good Gwynnie moment? Kristen Stewart will be too busy brooding with her black eyeliner. Inglorious Basterds', Diane Kruger, is a possibility - but she doesn't have the A-list star power to make a huge impact like, say a 'Julia' or a 'Nicole' did back in the day.

Perhaps I should be happy with the possibility of the first woman getting Best Director or the adorable Gabourey Sidibe living out her dream - but a jewelry hound needs her diamond drama at the Oscars! I'm afraid this year I might have to double down on the champagne to get the giddys.

What do you all predict? Weigh in!

Don't forget to Tweet with me during the red carpet on Sunday if you're in to multi-tasking! And stay tuned for all the follow-up coverage here and on Jewelry.com all next week.
You have read this article 2010 Academy Awards / 2010 Oscars / Angelina Jolie / Award Show jewelry trends / black diamond jewelry / Julia Roberts / Oscar jewelry / Oscar jewelry trends / Sandra Bullock with the title Will the Oscars be a Snorefest?. You can bookmark this page URL http://meandmadison.blogspot.com/2010/03/will-oscars-be-snorefest.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Will the Oscars be a Snorefest?"

Post a Comment