Grammy Jewelry Predictions: 2011

Jewelry hounds? We're entering high season for bauble gawking - with Mercedes Benz Fashion Week well under way, The Grammy Awards airing this Sunday and the Oscars right around the corner on February 27th.

Big, deep, breath....

But don't you fret! I'm doing a ton of eye calisthenics, so I can spot all the hot red carpet jewelry looks for your drooling pleasure. It's a rough job, but, well....

In the meantime, here are a few of my Grammy jewelry predictions for 2011. Will I be as right as I was for the Golden Globes (yeah, I said it!)? Will Lady Gaga bring it or bore us? Will Barbara Streisand ditch the mumu for Miu Miu? You be the judge.

Join me and all the other jewelry cool kids for our usual red carpet Twitter Fest starting at 6pm EST. Use hashtag: #grammyjewelry and be sure to weigh in with all your rants and raves! Or just circle back right here for my Monday Morning recap of all the gems worth a good gawk.


1. Black Diamond Blow Out:

Rock-and-rollers bring out the black like tweens at a Twilight convention. With Christina Aguilera set to perform, I'm gonna bet she puts on some of her favorite Stephen Webster black diamond sparklers - with the rest of the world going with Loree Rodkin rocks.

2. Creative Cuffs:

This is the "softball over home plate" prediction, I know. But instead of a classic diamond cuff like we've seen on Golden Globe and SAG red carpets, I'm guessing the Grammy set is going to spike things up a bit.


3. Boy Bling:

We've got some serious Ice Kings walking the carpet this year, with Jay-Z, Usher, Adam Lambert and (of course) Justin Bieber lighting the way. But the question of the night is: Will Kanye West make an appearance? I've got to get a closer look at those crazy diamond dentures.

4. Lady Gaga Gets Serious:

Remember when Madonna entered her Evita period? She pulled back the hair, took off the Gauliter cone bras, put on the pants suits... I'm thinking Lady Gaga is going to follow in her footsteps (because I'm the first person who's ever had THAT idea).

Gone are the Armani satellite dresses and McQueen reptile shoes. Meat dresses are so 2010. My money is on a Lady Gaga who is channeling her inner Chanel. If I'm wrong, I'll chug an entire glass of champagne. Twist my arm.





Any thoughts you'd like to share before the Grammy games begin? Weigh in!
You have read this article 2011 Grammy Awards / Grammy fashion / Grammy jewelry / Jewelry Insider Twitter / Lady Gaga / red carpet jewelry with the title Grammy Jewelry Predictions: 2011. You can bookmark this page URL http://meandmadison.blogspot.com/2011/02/grammy-jewelry-predictions-2011.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Grammy Jewelry Predictions: 2011"

Post a Comment