Million-Dollar Dress



I believe that luxury is a necessity. It has nothing to do with practicality or value. Luxury to me, is simply something gorgeous, decadent and abseloutly out of my range. Basically, if I can have/buy/save for it, then chances are - it ain't a true luxury. For example, the smallest chocolate box from an 'artisan' chocolatiere (or whatever they're called) is not a luxury. A giant, heart-shaped, eat-em-all and you'll be sick box costing four figures is..... And that's something I can only dream of.

The dress Israeli-model Bar Refaeli was wearing in Cannes is luxury. It's gorgeous, decadent and really expensive - I mean really, really expensive. We're talking over a million dollars. The jewel encrusted lilac sheath by Alberta Ferrati features splashes of diamonds and other gemstones and is about to be auctioned off. In this case, proceeds from the gown will benefit the AIDS research charity AMFAR.

According to Refaeli, "It's worth a $ 1 million and I definitely feel like $ 10 million." And no, if any men are thinking of bidding, she doesn't come with the dress.




You have read this article Cannes / diamonds / dress with the title Million-Dollar Dress. You can bookmark this page URL http://meandmadison.blogspot.com/2008/05/million-dollar-dress.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Million-Dollar Dress"

Post a Comment